This LGBT Non-Fiction Bibliography and LGBT Teen Online Resources List were compiled by Wisconsin Women's Network intern Rachel Cohen. If would like additional resources, please contact the UW-Madison LBGT Campus Center; if you would like to suggest an addition to these lists, email us!
LGBTQ Bibliography: Nonfiction, Memoirs, and Poetry
- Anzaldua, Gloria and Cherrie Moraga. This Bridge Called My Back: Writings by Radical Women of Color. Kitchen Table/Women of Color Press, 1984.
- Baim, Tracy. Gay Press, Gay Power: The Growth of LGBT Community Newspapers in America. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2012.
- Bronski, Michael. A Queer History of the United States. Beacon Press, 2013.
- Christian, Charles and Carol Queen. Anything That Loves. Northwest Press, 2013.
- Cooper, T. Real Man Adventures. McSweeney’s, 2012.
- Davis, Theresa. After This We Go Dark. Sibling Rivalry Press, 2013.
- Dawn, Amber. How Poetry Saved My Life: A Hustler’s Memoir. Arsenal Pulp, 2013.
- Ditto, Beth. Coal to Diamonds. Spiegel & Grau, 2013.
- Eisner, Shiri. Bi: Notes for a Bisexual Revolution. Seal Press, 2013.
- Garner, Abigail. Families Like Mine: Children of Gay Parents Tell It Like It Is. Harper Perennial, 2005.
- Gillespie, Peggy. Love Makes a Family: Portraits of Lebian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Parents and Their Families. University of Massachusetts, 1995.
- Halberstam, Judith. In a Queer Time and Place: Transgender Bodies, Subcultural Lives. NYU Press, 2005.
- Kam, Lucetta Hip Lo. Shanghai Lalas: Female Tongzhi Communities and Politics in Urban China. Hong Kong University Press, 2013.
- Leong, Russell. Asian American Sexualities: Dimensions of the Gay and Lesbian Experience. Routledge, 1995.
- Lord, Catherine and Richard Meyer. Art and Queer Culture. Phaidon Press, 2013.
- Lorde, Audre. Zami: A New Spelling of My Name. The Crossing Press, 1982.
- Mastoon, Adam. The Shared Heart: Portraits And Stories Celebrating Lesbian, Gay, And Bisexual Young People. Willam Morrow, 1997.
- Mcmullin, Dan Taulapapa. Coconut Milk. University of Arizona Press, 2013.
- Mock, Janet. Redefining Realness: My Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love & So Much More. Atria Books, 2014.
- Van Cleve, Stewart. Land of 10,000 Loves: A History of Queer Minnesota. University of Minnesota Press, 2012.
LGBTQ Online Resources
National Coalition for LGBT Health, Health Fact Sheets
National Alliance on Mental Illness, GLBT Resources
American Medical Association, GLBT Health Resources
National HIV and STD Testing Resources
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Institute for Welcoming Resources
LGBT Jewish Resources
Affirmation: Gay and Lesbian Mormons
Gay and Lesbian Vaishnava Association
Imaan, LGBTQI Muslim Support Group
HRC Religion and Faith Program